St John’s College, University of Cambridge
Application deadline: 17:00 3rd October 2016 (BST)
- Applications are invited for Research Fellowships intended for outstanding researchers early in their careers. The Fellowships offer an opportunity to carry out independent research in a stimulating and supportive academic environment. Applications will be accepted from any graduate of a university within or outside the United Kingdom. All candidates should note that these Research Fellowships are extremely competitive and typically less than one candidate in 100 is successful.
- Successful candidates are expected to be either graduate students, probably in the latter stages of their research leading to a PhD Degree, or post-doctoral researchers who have been awarded their PhD Degree after 1 October 2015. Candidates who do not fulfil these criteria are unlikely to be considered.
- Candidates holding a fellowship or other post-doctoral stipend awarded by a Research Council or other similar body may apply. No person who holds a Fellowship at a Cambridge College (other than a Fellowship without stipend) may apply.
- Candidates who are shortlisted by the College Council in November 2016 will be required to upload and submit their writings to the College. No interviews are held and the rigorous assessment of written work is of primary importance.
- Shortlisted candidates in the sciences will be required to submit a statement on headed notepaper signed by the prospective Head of Department signifying his or her willingness to accommodate the Research Fellow, if elected. This statement must accompany the written work submitted by the candidate.
- Shortlisted candidates who accept a stipendiary Fellowship from another Cambridge College will be deemed to have withdrawn from St John’s College’s Research Fellowships competition.
- The election will be made no later than 16 January 2017.
For more information and to apply, click here.