Professor (Greek & Latin Studies)
University of Johannesburg
Application deadline: 4th September 2016
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, striving towards global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
The School of Languages in the Faculty of Humanities seeks to employ an outstanding creative scholar to become part of a strong team working towards asserting the importance of language, literature and culture in the decolonisation of university curricula. The person we are looking for should have proven expertise and leadership skills to play a prominent role in the School with regard to the following:-
- Design/implementation of language-based interdisciplinary Cultural Studies programmes
- Design/implementation of interdisciplinary Creative Writing programmes
- Leading/coordinating interdisciplinary research programmes in the overlapping fields of language, literature, culture and creativity.
- Relevant PhD qualification
- Recognised relevant research and/or creative writing publication output
- Substantial teaching/research supervision experience in the areas above
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Ability to lead diverse teams
- Experience of designing/ teaching on creative writing programmes
- Advanced interdisciplinary/multilingual competence in the major areas of study in the School
- Deep understanding of current demands of tertiary education
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes:
Ms Lungisa Zihlangu (HR Business Partner) on 011 559 2956 or at email@example.com.
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za.
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require technical support/ assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337 / 0861 CAREER or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.