Jesus College, University of Cambridge
Application deadline: 1:00 PM 23rd August 2016
Jesus College invites applications each year for stipendiary Research Fellowships, two in an Arts subject and one in a Science subject. The Fellowships will normally be tenable for three years from 1 October 2017.
Applications and referees’ reports must be received by 1.00pm on Tuesday 23rd August 2016. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please make sure that your application and your referees’ reports reach us before the closing date.
- Application for a Research Fellowship is open to those in any discipline. In selecting the best candidate in its Research Fellowship competition the college expects to elect someone with an excellent record of research in their chosen subject and the potential to pursue that research at the highest level.
- The Fellowship is intended for researchers early in their careers. Successful candidates are expected to be either graduate students, probably in the latter stages of their research leading to a PhD Degree, or post-doctoral researchers who have recently been awarded their PhD Degree. Candidates who have undertaken more than four years of full-time research are unlikely to be considered.
- For further details regarding the Eligibility Requirements, please click here. The Master’s Office is unable to answer queries relating to your eligibility; please follow the instructions.
- The Fellowship is a fixed-term three year term Research Fellowship normally commencing on 1 October 2017. Exceptionally, the College, at its absolute discretion, will entertain an application to start the Fellowship earlier, at any date after 1 May, if a good reason can be shown for so doing. One reason why the person appointed might apply to the College to start the Fellowship prior to 1 October 2017 would be if an earlier start date was required in order to satisfy any conditions under the United Kingdom’s Point Based Immigration Scheme. If the Fellowship starts prior to 1 October 2017, the end of the Fellowship will also be adjusted so that the period of the Fellowship remains at three years.
- Statements of research are required and should be not more than 2,000 words, outlining the work candidates would submit in support of their application and the research they propose to pursue if elected. Please note that the statement will be read by people outside as well as inside the candidate’s own discipline and should therefore be intelligible to scholars in other subjects.
- Candidates must notify the College if they accept a Research Fellowship at another college.
- Candidates will not normally be called for interview.
For more information and to apply, click here.