Professor in Ancient History (497417)
Application deadline: 11:55 PM 4th September 2016
We are seeking an individual with an international reputation for high achievement in research. The successful candidate will have the vision and capability to lead our undergraduate and postgraduate Ancient History program and will perform a research leadership role aligned with, or complimentary to, our existing research activities, including building a research group and the attraction of significant research funding. The successful appointee will undertake a leading role in the development of the Ancient History curriculum and deliver key units within the program. The successful appointee will promote the Faculty within the academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally as well as contribute to the Faculty’s teaching, research, program development and service at a national and international level.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the requirements listed below in your CV and cover letter:
- A PhD in a field relevant to Ancient History.
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by ongoing publications in top tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline.
- Proven ability to attract competitive grant funding.
- Demonstrated willingness to undertake management responsibility at a senior level in the Department and to contribute at the Faculty and University level.
- Distinguished record of high quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Capability to supervise and mentor research students and staff members.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated leadership, professionalism and a sense of responsibility and integrity in matters pertaining to all related academic activities of the University/Faculty/Department.
Salary Package: from $174,326 p.a – $182,566 p.a (Level E), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
For more information and to apply, click here.