Exhibitions and Loans Officer – 44415
Barber Institute of Fine Arts
Application deadline: 3rd July 2016
The role supports the Curatorial team in the delivery of a year-round programme of displays and exhibitions, taking responsibility for practical planning, organisation and record management. The post-holder acts as Loans Registrar (including documentation) for all works lent in (for long-term display as well as temporary exhibitions) and for all works lent out from the Barber Collection (UK and abroad). This is a singleton role within a small team, but the post-holder will have the opportunity to work with and supervise Interns, from time to time, on specific projects and activities.
- Degree in Art History or Museum/Gallery Studies
- Previous experience in Registrar or Loans Administration role
- Practical experience of the UK Government Indemnity Scheme
- Exhibitions coordination experience gained in a Museum or Gallery environment
- Experience of couriering works of art
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with attention to deadlines and detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills: build effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, other institutions, guest curators etc.
- Ability to use judgement to prioritise own workload
- A creative approach to problem solving
- A positive attitude to working in a small team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word and Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good level of numeracy, with confidence to handle statistical and financial information
- Experience in preparing standard loan-in and loan-out agreements and contracts
- Up to date knowledge of ‘Immunity from Seizure’ legislation and related Due Diligence procedures
- Experience of MIMSY database
- Post graduate qualification in Art History, Gallery Studies or museum studies
For more information and to apply, click here.