Post-Doc Position (3 years, full-time)
Institute of Classics / Classical Archaeology, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Application deadline: 1st July 2016
The post is part of the newly established Research Unit DÉCOR “Decorative principles in Late Republican and Early Imperial Italy” which is funded through a European Union ERC Consolidator Grant. The successful candidate will work for the Research Unit’s project “Decorative Principles in Sacred Space”. The position is to be filled from 1 October 2016.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual (Post-Doc) to conduct research in the field of decorative principles of sacred spaces in Italy between the 2nd century BC to the end of the 1st century AD. The project will analyse the aesthetic-semantic effects of decorative elements in their architectural context.
- Excellent PhD in Classical Archaeology
- Research exposé of excellent content; methodologically and theoretically well-reflected
Duties and responsibilities:
- Writing of a monograph “Decorative Principles in Sacred Space”
- Teaching in Classical Archaeology (2 hours/week)
- Fulfillment of clearly defined administrative tasks in the context of the ERC project „Decorative Principles in Late Republican and Early Imperial Italy“
The position is fixed-term for a maximum of three years. The salary for the Post-Doc Position is based on the German federal public service scale (E 13 TV-L, full-time employment – currently 38.7 hours/week). Employment is in accordance with the regulations for Post-Doc positions at the Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet to Kiel.
The University of Kiel is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to increase the proportion of women in science. Applications by women are particularly welcome.
Severely handicapped people will be preferentially considered in case of equivalent qualifications.
Applications by people with a migration background are particularly welcomed.
Please refrain from submitting application photos.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a detailed CV and a statement of research (which delineates the proposed post-doctoral project) no longer than 5 pages as a hardcopy and as one single PDF before 1st of July 2016 to
- Prof. Dr. Annette Haug, Institut für Klass. Altertumskunde / Klass. Archäologie, Johanna-Mestorf-Str. 5, D-24118 Kiel
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two letters of recommendation should also be sent directly from respective experts to the address mentioned above.