Visiting Scholar Fellowship
Humanities Center, Texas Tech University
Application deadline: 30th May 2016
The Humanities Center at Texas Tech invites applications for a Spring, 2017, Fellowship. The selected Fellow will hold the Ph.D.; any rank will be considered. The 2016-2017 theme is FUTURES. Fellowship applicants should be involved in projects that address the theme, broadly construed.
The Fellowship carries a stipend of $10,000. No additional allowances beyond the stipend will be available. The Fellow will be provided with an office and full library privileges, including access to online databases and interlibrary loan services. Housing is not included but the Humanities Center will assist with finding housing. The dates for the Fellow’s term will be January 30th through May 12th, 2017.
In submitting an application for the program, the applicant does not incur an obligation to accept the award if selected. The Fellow will be expected:
- to work in residence at TTU on a full-time basis during the award tenure;
- to devote full-time effort to the research proposed;
- to draft a brief written report (800-1,000 words) describing their experiences and their results, to be submitted no later than thirty days following the award period;
- to prepare and deliver to the TTU community a 45-minute presentation detailing the results of their research;
- to include appropriate credit to Humanities Center at Texas Tech in any presentation or publication based on research performed during the award tenure.
Upon request, the TTU Humanities Center will help arrange for appropriate visa documents for foreign nationals.
To apply, please send the following as a single PDF:
- An abstract of no more than 80 words describing your project.
- A narrative of no more than 750 words describing both your project, how it meshes with the FUTURES theme, and how, specifically, you propose to use your time next spring if selected for the Fellowship.
- A redacted c.v. of no more than 4 pages with an emphasis on work showing your suitability for undertaking the project you propose.
- The names of three people whom we may contact for recommendations. Brief descriptions of their work/discipline and relationship to the candidate would be appreciated.
Send your application to email@example.com. In the subject line, put your last name Sp 2017 external fellow app (e.g., Washburn Sp 2017 external fellow app). Deadline is May 30th, 2016. We hope to have our selection made by June 15th, 2016.
For more details, to apply, or information on past fellows, click here.