Power and Society in the Medieval World
A2 Humanities Building, The University of Nottingham
10:00 AM-5:00 PM 13th April 2016
Registration deadline: 30th March 2016
The inaugural Medieval Midlands conference will showcase the range and excellence of research into the medieval world currently being undertaken in the UK Midlands.
This conference will examine the ideas of power and society through diverse themes including monastic reform, health, money, art, and the interplay between religious and temporal power.
Bringing together speakers from various institutions and disciplines this conference promises to be an innovative and exciting exploration of the middle ages.
You will enjoy this conference if you have an interest in:
- The Medieval World
- Global society
- 400-1500 CE
- Diseases in medieval society
- Medieval art and material culture
- Religious and temporal power
- Monastic reform
Dr. Conor Kostick
- Ian Styler (University of Birmingham)
- Georgina Fitzgibbon (University of Birmingham)
- Hannah Ingram (University of Nottingham)
- Molly Beaverstock (University of Nottingham)
- Anja Rohde (University of Nottingham)
- Susana Sendra Ramos (University of Nottingham/Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid)
- Mark Robinson (Nottingham Trent University)
- Thomas Sayers (University of Nottingham)
To register, click here.