Tenured Academic Staff (2016ZAPFLWEX015)
Application deadline: 24th March 2016
The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill the following (100%) vacancy in the Department of History: tenured academic staff in the area of cultural and/or political medieval history.
- Among others you will be assigned following lecturing duties Middle Ages; Cultural History (6 STP and 45 hours) and/or Middle Ages: Politics and Institutions (6 STP and 45 hours), Heuristics per Historical Period: Middle Ages (30 STP and 30 hours) and Historical Workshop (6 STP and 45 hours).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of the cultural and/or political history of the Middle Ages with the Centre for Urban History and/or Power in History: Centre for Political History.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will offer scientific services: among others you take an active part in the organisation of the teaching and research of the Department of History. In due course you will also take on managerial responsibilities.
- You contribute actively to the international visability of the Department of History.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in History or a comparable dissertation on the cultural and/or political history of the European Middle Ages.
- You have several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- Your research profile is compatible with that of the Centre of Urban History and/or that of Power In History: Centre for Political History.
- commensurate with the experience and the academic qualifications
- either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria.
- or a full-time position as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably.
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2016;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.009,52 – € 5.910,19; and for senior lecturer from € 4.591,43 – € 7.213,07;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 24 March 2016.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 9 May 2016.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from Myra De Munck (Tel. +32 (0)3 265 32 24).
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Luc Duerloo, tel. +32 3 265 4289, firstname.lastname@example.org.